September 30, 2008

Light King Ranch Chicken

I've tried a ton of King Ranch chicken recipes and this is by far our favorite. I don't use as much onion and bell pepper as it calls for, but here is the entire, untouched recipe:

Ingredients:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use 2 cream of chicken and omit the mushroom - gag!)
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 12 corn tortillas (I use the white ones - I like the texture better)
- Cheddar cheese

Directions:
- Saute onion and bell pepper until tender
- stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, remove from heat
- tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces, layer half tortilla pieces in bottom of casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of chicken mixture and half of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: